WASTEWATER TREATMENT PROJECT
NOVI SAD, SERBIA
Preparation of a Pre-Feasibility Study, Preliminary Environmental Impact Assessment Study and Conceptual Design for wastewater treatment plant in Novi Sad.
Technical documentation was prepared for WWTP as per Serbian legislation and complying with EU guidance and satisfying the needs of the lead IFIs. Three main options, with several sub-options, of primary collection system were analysed from the point of technical, planning, engineering, environmental and financial aspects. The outcomes of the analysis were the following:
- The Rokov Potok site was selected, based on the assessment of both construction and operating costs of the WWTP[[/li]]
- The construction of the WWTP with primary and secondary treatment facilities and its upgrading at a second phase by adding tertiary treatment was found to constitute a feasible option (Outlet in Danube river - secondary, biological treatment including organic load and suspended solids reduction with no nutrients removal and outlet into irrigation ditch - tertiary treatment that included nutrient removal
- Considering both construction and operating costs, “conventional activated sludge” was determined as the most feasible process for the treatment of municipal wastewater in the WWTP.
• ABOUT WWTP NOVI SAD
- Population equivalent: 400,000
- Hydraulic loading for dry weather flow (DWF, maximum hourly flow): 4,900 m3/h
- Hydraulic loading for wet weather flow (WWF, maximum hourly flow): 6,200 m3/h
LAST UPDATE: 19.10.2017