MOTORWAY E-80 NIŠ-PLOČNIK
Preliminary Design, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Feasibility Study.
New motorway section from Niš to Pločnik is part of SEETO Route 7 which connects Bulgaria through Niš with Albania and the Adriatic/Ionian Sea and their ports, and its construction should significantly reduce travel times, increase level of service and road safety and enhance regional transport activities, both passenger and freight.
Preliminary Design of a motorway alignment along with FS and ESIA was carried out. Alternatives and final solutions of interchanges and several overpasses/underpasses are prepared in order to connect existing road network to the future motorway. Comprehensive elaboration has been done for voulnerable sections (City of Prokuplje bypass) and heritage protected areas, with special attention to environmentally protected areas.
• ABOUT HIGHWAY E-80 SECTION NIŠ PLOČNIK
- length: 39.5 km
- number of interchanges: 5
- design speed (full-profile motorway):
- 130 km/h and 100 km/h
- total length of bridges: more than 25 bridges in dual carriageway length of 2.6 km
- total length of tunnels: 6 tunnels in dual carriageway length of 3.6 km
LAST UPDATE: 23.10.2017