MOTORWAY E-80 PLOČNIK-MERDARE
Preliminary Design, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Feasibility Study.
New motorway section from Pločnik to Merdare is part of SEETO Route 7 which connects Bulgaria (though Serbia i.e. Niš) with Albania and the Adriatic/Ionian Sea and their ports, and its construction should significantly reduce travel times, increase level of service and road safety and enhance regional transport activities, both passenger and freight.
Preliminary Design of a motorway alignment along with FS and ESIA are subject of this assignment. Topographical conditions and very sensitive agricultural area have effect on alignment design and made it very challenging. The goal is to connect rural areas, cities and touristic centers into one accessible road network with future motorway as a major road. Special attention is paid on several environmentally and heritage protected areas.
• ABOUT HIGHWAY E-80 SECTION PLOČNIK-MERDARE
- length: 37 km
- number of interchanges: 3
- design speed (full-profile motorway): 100 km/h
- total length of bridges: more than 40 bridges in dual carriageway length of 10.5 km
- total length of tunnels: more than 25 tunnels in dual carriageway length of 13 km
LAST UPDATE: 20.10.2017